Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The blogg has once again changed hands and I will continue posting updates since both Victor and Kirsten have left the Concordia team. My name is Audrey and I have lived on St. John for my entire life and have loved every minute of it. I recently graduated from Rollins College in Winter Park, FL and my many positions at Concordia include but are not limited to Site Cordinator, Accountant, and also Activities in the soon to be completed general store. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the hotel, construction, and about my wonderful island. I will do the best I can to give my honest opinion.

As we enter the final month and a half of the construction project we have definatly stepped the crew into over drive. Since the rock wall issue we have hired two additional crew members and are now working Saturdays in order to have the cafe completed on schedule. The new crew members are working well with the group and Segundo is positive that the pavilion project will be done on schedule.



I was able to borrow the camera from Maho and took some pictures of the crew framing the walls for the store and removing the framing for the floor of the general store. The picture above was taken from the pavilion site imagine having coffee and a bagel while overlooking this view every morning.

We recieved our first order of cafe supplies that included beer mugs, spatulas, plates, and other restaurant supplies. The order for our coolers and freezers is in and we are awaiting a few other items prior to the trailors departure from Miami.

As Christmas approaches it doesn't seem to be getting any cooler out on the South side of St. John but wearing long sleeves definatly helps the guys to limit their sun exposure. Currently we are also going through 12 5gal bottles of water a week which still does not seem like enough. I hope they all stay hydrated and motivated as the project comes to a close.

In the picture above Vaughn and Alfredo work together in the cafe to remove the plywood that was used for the framing of the store floor. We are still waiting for concrete but we should have a large pour this week or so.


As mentioned before the green house roofing system was finaly completed on the pavilion. It looks a bit industrial now but once hanging plants and fans are installed it will be a very nice place to have meeting and yoga sessions in while you stay at Estate Concordia Preserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home